Maine Mindfulness Project teaches meditation for happiness, health, awakening and well being.
Meditation supports personal growth and transformation. People of all ages and backgrounds report mind~body improvement in only 2-5 minutes using a simple breathing practice. Tranquility leads to clarity, conscious decision making and peace of mind.
Studies demonstrate promising results for individuals and environments in education, health care, professional business, personal development and interfaith settings. We have been teaching meditation over the past decade to people of all backgrounds, beliefs and ages who report
universal benefits from a short daily practice.
Unplug. Sit down, Tune In.©
Our 21st century externally and electronically focused fast paced lives call for practices such as eating well, getting enough rest and physical exercise. We also need to support our inner experience of clarity and happiness to maintain health and stamina.
Maine Mindfulness Project is grateful to the Eleanor Humes Haney Foundation for a generous grant in 2015 to support a new initiative of projects in 6 Maine schools and for the publishing of a short instruction manual with this title geared toward teens, teachers and parents. We will be teaching a cohort of student teacher groups in the fall of 2015 using this curriculum.
To order a copy of this manual online through Paypal, use Contact Us. $25.
Founder: Lisa V. Blake, M.A.
Ms. Blake completed her graduate work summa cum laude from Bangor Theological Seminary, spending time studying in India and in the Leadership Studies and Health Education masters programs at the University of Southern Maine. She founded Maine Mindfulness Project in 2005 to offer meditation in a variety of settings.
TRY MEDITATION BEFORE MEDICATION ©.
In 2009, Ms. Blake established a Meditation Practice at True North, Maine's Center for Functional and Complimentary Health. She has helped many improve or recover to full health.
She is a recognized meditation master practitioner, healer and teacher having recorded many success stories according to client healing and feedback.
Listen to a radio interview on with the Godspeed Institute for Spiritual Learning where she discusses her spiritual path, Buddhism, Khen RInpoche Tsetan and the Siddhartha School.
- 2009 Awarded the National Association of Professional Women's Wellness Award
- 2010 Named A Leading Woman in Maine for her volunteer work teaching meditation to incarcerated youth in Maine.
- 2010 Selected as a speaker to be part of the first TEDx Independent Event Exploring the Edge
- 2011 Inducted into Cambridge's Who's Who.
- 2012 Invited to teach meditation at the International Conference of Natural Healing in Taipei, Taiwan
- 2013 Featured speaker at Master Healer's conference Vibrations of Universal Love: Song, Sound and Silence. Harmonic Living in the 21st Century Hong Kong, China.
- 2013 Selected by the International Women's Leadership Association as a woman of outstanding leadership
- 2014 Spiritual guide to India, Mystical Mamas Tour, sacred sites of Buddhism and Hinduism
- Selected as Program Leader for Parliament of World's Religions 2015 Conference. HARMONY OF LOVE: Sounds of Silence, Calls to Awakening, an Innerfaith Meditation.
- Meditation in India Tour, Meditation Leader, January 2016.